Black Friday is just a couple of days away! For those of you brave enough to venture out on the craziest shopping day of the year, I wanted to share with you some tips! I have asked my friend Becky, an experienced Black Friday pro, to share her top 12 Black Friday Tips for a Better Shopping Experience.
12 Black Friday Tips:
1. Prepare, prepare, prepare!!! Gather all your ads ahead of time, search out the best deals (look for deals marked “Doorbusters”), find what interests you the most, and start there! In fact, the earlier you start, the better prepared you will be.
2. Have your list ready. It’s best to have your list made ahead of time so that you don’t get sucked into buying things you had no intention of buying. In spite of how good of a deal it may be, if you don’t need it, why spend your valuable time and money (and we all know how valuable your time is on Black Friday!)?
3. Check the Times. Check the store opening times, as well as the times for the sale. This year, some stores are opening as early as Thursday at 9:00pm! You’ll want to plan your trip around the times of the stores’ opening or the times the deals are offered. Of course, if there’s one amazing deal that you’re willing to wait in line for, you can save the others until later in the day.
4. Read the ads carefully. There’s nothing more frustrating than standing in line for several hours for a great sale on a big ticket item, only to find that there were only x number of the items available in the first place! Read the fine print!
5. Become “friends” with your local stores. Sign up for their emails, become friends on Facebook, or follow them on Twitter. You may be able to score extra discounts or coupons!
6. Get Your Beauty Sleep. Get some rest before you start, if possible! You are going to need all the energy you can get.
7. Patience is a virtue. Be prepared to stand in long, long lines! Consider bringing along a Smartphone, Kindle or book if you are prone to boredom.
8. Dress comfortably-leave the heels at home and wear your most comfortable shoes! You don’t want your feet to hurt when you’ve barely gotten started!
9. Have a Re-Fuel Plan. Come prepared with snacks and bottled water, or plan some time to stop and eat in your schedule. Got to keep your strength up for the marathon shopping!!!
10. Take a Willing Accomplice. Go with someone who enjoys the experience as much as you do and that you like to spend lots of time with! It’s much easier to navigate the crowded stores and stand in line with someone fun! And by all means, if you have young children, leave them at home!!!
11. Expect the worse, hope for the best. Expect to be frustrated by the crowds and be prepared to NOT get that bargain you’ve got your heart set on. That way, if you miss your must-have item, it won’t throw you off your game-plan for the entire day.
12. Ask for a gift receipt. Just because you think an item may be perfect for Aunt Sally doesn’t mean she’ll be as crazy over it! And you don’t necessarily want her to know that you got it for such a great price! Let her think you paid full price for it! She’ll feel more loved!
(For those of you who do not plan on venturing out…or want to do a little online shopping in addition your Black Friday scores…I will be sharing some fabulous online deals Black Friday and Cyber Monday!)
Do you have any tips you would like to share? Please leave your tips in the comments below! Good Luck and Happy Shopping. 🙂