DIY Headband (No-Slip)
Guest Post by Megan
My niece has waist length curly hair which tends to fall in her eyes while she’s doing school work. She inspired me to find a solution to her hair dilemma.
Here’s a tutorial on how to make a No-Slip Headband.
– Fabric with desired headband pattern
– Flannel or terry cloth fabric for the underside of the headband (keeps headband from slipping while wearing)
– Elastic 1/2″ width
– Sewing machine
1. Cut main fabric and flannel fabric into strips measuring 2″x13″ long depending on head size. You may want to measure across the very top of your head from ear to ear, measuring behind the ear near the lobe.
2. Sew fabric strips down the length of the fabric sewing pretty sides together, leaving the two shorter ends open.
3. Invert fabric so pretty sides are now visible. Iron flat!
4. Tuck under raw edges and insert end of elastic (I usually use 7″ of elastic per headband). Sew closed securing elastic well. Repeat on the opposite side.
NOTE: Due to this item using elastic, I tend to sew over the elastic several times using a straight stitch followed by a zig zag stitch. I think this is important in preventing the elastic from coming undone.
I like to try on my headbands but I’m a little camera shy.
If you like these, don’t forget to PIN IT! The Pin button is directly below.
Want to make your own DIY No-Slip Headband?…don’t forget to take along these Craft Coupons!
Other Post You May Like:
Be sure to follow Living Chic on the Cheap on Pinterest!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please refer to the Disclosure Policy for more details. Photo Credit: LCOTC